Monday, 5 May 2008

Christianity and judgement…

There is a distinctive strain of writing in the bible that more or less specializes in dealing with human experiences. One thing that I don’t understand at the moment is people, who “claim” to be Christians; instead of finding the inner peace for themselves they judge others by using the bible. Don’t get me wrong, I do go to church any chance I get, not a born again though, but I get devastated by how most of preachers or bible teachers interpret the word or a scripture lesson. It is fairly common among people who get interested in religion to get proportionately disinterested in their jobs and families and other things that matters to a human being, the more of God the less of the human. What I meant is that when a so called born again is at work, they tend to question every system that is in place at work especially if it does not fit into their godly world. Thereafter, the interest in doing a proper job or being happy in a work place diminishes slowly.

Yes, we do believe in God but we also have to put ourselves in others shoes, remembering that we are not all equal. If you are sitting there and get pissed off because a fellow human being is worried about the increment of food prices instead of fixing a path with God then you better get off you high horse and stop judging. Who are you to say that someone else’s way of living is wrong? Are there ways you live the right way? We are all different and we are here in this world to serve a purpose and if that purpose is to live our live in sin according to you so let it be. If you think God is a God of a second chance then you got nothing to worry about. I am not trying to ease a guilty conscious mind you nor condone the wrong doers out there, all I am saying is let us stop pointing fingers. We are all God’s children and he created us in his image. All you have to remember or ask yourself is, is this the way God want things to be?

Christians are too judgmental, and that tend to make their lives a living hell; not all of them though. Can we all be left to live our lives? Does Christianity really have to clash with our inner being? What about our cultures? Missionaries came later but our culture and the way we used to express ourselves has always been there for ages.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remember Mokgalaje Verwoerd used the bible to justify apartheid...