I have been stunned by the riot going on in Johannesburg, Alexandra township recently. As a South African citizen, the question that arises in my head is what is it that I want for my country, so that I can be proud and be able to raise my SA flag so high to show that I am proud to be a citizen of this country. Definitely not this disgracing inhuman violence that has been infiltrated to our African brothers and sisters. Yes, we are poor, we are still waiting for the Government to deliver on their promises but that does not mean we need to take our frustration out on others. Someone claimed he has been paid to cause the riot, others say the people who are not South African they take their jobs away. How do you expect to have a job while sitting at home and blame those who do come and make use of every opportunity that you as a SA citizen don't want to take advantage of. How will this impact on the upcoming world cup? How can we be so barbaric to our fellow human beings? It looks like people are no longer listen, I mean this issue has been condemned by Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu The attacks have been concentrated in Johannesburg's poorest areas, and many of the victims were Zimbabweans who have fled repression and dire economic circumstances.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation issued a statement condemning the "senseless violence" that police say was sparked a week ago in Johannesburg's Alexandra Township. The police, ooh don't get me started on those ones, they are to be blamed too. Police are not helpful to foreigners, they will rather ask for their ID's and if the poor person does not have one, they will arrest him in public casting racism words. Well, it looks like this time since they have been propelled to quell the incident, they might come right after all.
As a South African I feel sorry for other South African who are overseas because they might experience the outcry of all this. Just put yourself in the shoes of those Zimbabweans and other who have been assaulted, victimized and tortured during this riot and ask yourself how will you feel if the same thing was to be inflicted on you.... I mean really bo kae botho?
No comments:
Post a Comment