Somebody almost walked off with all of my stuff and didn’t care enough to send a note home saying, I was late for my solo conversation or two sizes too small for my own tacky skirts.
What can anybody do with something of no value on a open market? Did you get a dime for my things? Hey man...
Where are you going with all my stuff? This is a woman’s trip and I need my stuff to oooh and ahhhh about. Honest to God, somebody almost run off with all of my stuff.
And I didn’t bring anything but the kick and sway of it. The perfect ass for my man and none of it is theirs. This is mine. Juanita’s own things. That’s my name. Now give me my stuff I see ya hiding’ my laugh. And how I sit with my legs open sometimes to give my crotch some sunlight. This is some delicate leg and whimsical kiss I got to have to give to my choice. No you can’t have me unless, I give me away.
And I was doin’ all that, till ya run off on a good thing.
And who is this you left me with? Some simple bitch with a bad attitude. I want my things. I want my arm with the hot iron scar and my leg with the flea bite. I want my calloused feet and quick language back in my mouth. I want my own things. How I loved them.
Somebody almost run off with all of my stuff. And I was standing there, looking at myself, the whole time. It wasn't a spirit that ran off with all my stuff. It was a man whose ego walked round like Rodan’s shadow. It was a man faster than my innocence.
It was a lover; I made too much room for. Almost run off with all my stuff. And the one running with it. Don’t know he got it. I’m shouting this is mine.
And he doesn’t know he got it. My stuff is the anonymous ripped off treasure of the year. Did you know somebody almost got away with me... me in a plastic bag under their arm? Me...
This piece was taken from the movie For Coloured Girls by Tyler Perry
No comments:
Post a Comment