Thursday, 20 November 2008

Having 100+ friends on a Social Network...

I am still bewildered by all these social networks, be MySpace, Hi5, Student Village, Edumela or the mighty Facebook. What gets me flummoxed is the fact that one person can have over 100 friends on one's friendship list. How do you deal with all of them? That is one question that comes in mind. The second question I ask myself. Is it a competition or popularity? I mean, take a phone directory for example, it is highly impossible for you to contact all those people you entered on your phone directory. Mind you, they don't exceed 50, but on the social network you have over 100. Wow, that can be inferred to one being addicted to being a socialite. People should realize that there are those who were born to be celebrities, do not force nature. Similarly to singers, we were all born with the capability of singing but we are not all stars. I am just vocalizing my opinion here. On my profile, I do not add celebrity wannabes. That is how it is...

No comments: