Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Too Black to be a South African?

There is always an uproar when a white person in so called the new South Africa do something that is seen as demoralizing. I am saying this with regards to what happened about a month ago in Bloemfontein, University of Free State. I am not condoning what those students did, it is so wrong what they did. Now tell me, do you think those black workers would have been keen to partake in a scene like that if they were asked by a bunch of black students? I doubt that, the students would have been labeled as being disrespectful and all. The thing I know about us darkies in South Africa is that, we are still on the impressing route. What are we doing as "Black South Africa" to make sure that we don't see matters like this surfacing, giving other people of color to practice what their forefather did to our grandparents? We can't possibly stand for ourself and believe in what put Nelson Mandela in prison. Is being black give us an excuse not to take charge of what is right, do we always have to follow trends started by mogos, who get paid to make us look like fools. If you think I am being unreasonable and uninformed, tell me, what do you think about the Noord Taxi drivers and a mini skirt saga, the ANC youth league, Zuma suggesting indirectly that Thabo Mbeki be released from being a mediator in the Zimbabwe voting issues.

Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to be black, what happened to our pride. If you go around, you get to see people spitting on the concrete floor, urinating anywhere, dropping anywhere. What are we doing to our environment, Haai Darkies please, you guys are going to far now, haaibo.

No comments: